is it normal for my 10 mth old to still be getting up in the night?

My son is 10 mths old and still wakes up in the middle of the night. Is this normal? Anything I can do?

Jaydensmommy829

Asked by Jaydensmommy829 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is totally normal. My son just turned 13 months and is just now sleeping through the night. At 10 months he was awake every 2-3 hours on the dot. I tried everything and nothing worked. It just depends on the baby and how well they sleep and are able to put themselves back to sleep in the middle of the night.
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 9:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yep. It's totally normal. Here in America we expect our children to be perfect from the get go, training them to sleep alone, but they really aren't wired that way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It is perfectly normal. Sleep patterns change a lot in the first year especially, and they don't really settle until age 3 or 4.
    Night waking in a child under two is extremely common for a variety of reasons including needing to pee or eat, or because of teething pain or reaching a major new milestone.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:18 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• All of my kids did. My youngest was 2 1/2 when he finally stopped!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Completely normal. They CAN sleep longer stretches, but often DON'T. Keep to your routine, and he will start sleeping longer. Frequently when parents try to force a change, the change happens in an undesired direction!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2010