Car sick kid.

My DD is almost 4 and gets severely car sick. We're going on a long trip next week.
My question- Should I give her DRAMAMINE or BONINE? Or maybe something else? I always hate medicating her, cuz she's such a tiny little thing.

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 9:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've been giving my daughter half a Dramamine since she was 3, on the advice of her doctor (both pediatrician and cardiologist). She's always been kind of tall and skinny.
    You could also try flat sprite and saltine crackers.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I have always had bad car sickness but I have never took any meds...I have always heard people giving dramamine...not sure though.

I use to always just try to snack on crackers the whole way and stay really cool. Gatorade helps me too.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:17 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• OP here- I should mention, if I don't give her something, she'll throw up several times an hour.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:20 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You need to give her something.  My daughter gets car sick and I give her Gravol every time we are going to be in the car for more than half an hour.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• BEEKY- Does Gravol make her sleepy?
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yes it does.  She is ok for local driving but when we go to visit my mother 400 miles away, she needs it and a little snooze in the car helps her cope with the trip.  She is 13 btw but has been car sick ever since she was a baby.  I was hoping she would grow out of it but so far no luck.  When she is 14 she will be allowed to sit in the front and I'm hoping that will be better for her.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Are you making sure she is by a window? I cannot sleep in a car or be in the middle or I get sick. I need to look out the window. I dont know why-but its something to try....
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2010