How can I get my 4 mo old to nap for longer than 40 min at a time?

JoshuaBsmom

Asked by JoshuaBsmom at 9:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• More stimulation between naps? That was about average for my DD at 4 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• have you tried to swadddle? worked wonders for mine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Some babies just don't. Up until just a couple weeks ago, my daughter was a 20 minute napper twice a day. Every now and then she would nap longer, but 20 minutes was normal for her. Now at 10 months, she's starting to have one short nap and one longer nap, though not everyday.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would play play play and stretch it out as long as you can, get that tummy full, and swaddle.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:03 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Don't mess with your baby's normal sleep pattern. I can backfire on you. Work with it. FYI most babies tend to sleep better during the day with normal activity going around and not in a room with no noise. It is a built in safety mechanism. For example, you may find that you baby only sleeps a short time when at home, but then is out cold for hours on a car ride, or in a sling, or in the middle of crazy activity when you go out. They feel safe in the proximity to people. Swaddling can backfire too. One happens one day when you can't swaddle?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2010