Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need help! I need to make about $600.00 in TWO weeks! I don't know what to do! My dh and i both have good credit...have never paid anything late but or debt to income is too high to get another loan. We do NOT live outside our means but, dh is disabled and his medical expences have been killing us...that along with dd who is 4 and has been VERY sick and no one can figure out what is wrong with her...anyway I need to find a way to get $600.00 so that i can take dd to a specialist in Califorina. I have no family or friends that can help and have already had a garage sell and trying to sell stuff on there something i am forgetting to try? How would you make that much in two weeks (NO PAYDAY LOANS!!!!!)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • I have looked into charities but none of them can help in such a short amount of time...i need to be able to get a flight by july5th....oh and if she can't see this dr now she will not be able to get back in for a year!! this was just a cancellation. so please any ideas would be really appreciated


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • leave him and get a man who can afford the nice life

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Put ads out on craigslist for caring for kids for date nights in your area or house cleaning.

    Answer by ABusyBee at 9:48 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • leave him and get a man who can afford the nice life

     op here- I love my husband and daughter more than ANYTHING in this world and it is not HIS fault that a stupid drunk driver hit him!!!! He used to make 90K a year doing construction work which he can't do anymore because he is paralyzed! How dare you suggest i leave him??? He is a wonderful man and we work as hard as we possibly can to provide for our family. we have been dealing with the lawsuit from his accident for a year and a half and as soon as it is over we can pay off ALL of the debt that we are in DUE to the accident! How rude can you be?? I am asking for advice on how to help my 4 year old daughter who is VERY VERY sick! I can not believe you would say that!


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • if you have used electonis ie old cell phones /old computers/ dvd things like that there are sites that will pay you to recycle them try that.....just do a web search for electronic recycle and find the one that pays the most and quickist......and to that person who told her to leave her husband.....i hope you have a crisis in life and no one to turn to for help....that was VERY rude....

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • This may be a stupid answer but i thought i would say maybe try pan handling. alot of people make money that way just by asking for help.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • If you both have good credit try applying for a small loan at a credit union. Most likely you will have to take at least $1500 and have something for collateral, but I would think getting your daughter to this specialist would be worth it, right?

    Other than that all I can suggest is sell anything you have that someone else may want through garage sales or whatever even though you have already done one... If you have old furniture or baby stuff that you don't need or use anymore if you have a second hand furniture store they usually pay pretty well when buying furniture to sell in their store.

    There are websites that allow you to make a "wish" and people help out quite often, maybe make a wish on there and someone will be able to help you. I think the one I have read about on here most often is

    Good Luck and I hope you can make the money.

    Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Contact your church, or local churches and explain your situation. Also, search for support groups for what you suspect your dd might have. Something else, that doesn't have to do with quick money, but look into medicaid for your dh. I have a special needs child and they have medicaid that will supplement your private insurance (Katie Beckett-TEFRA medicaid). Good luck!

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.