Not sure if this is normal. sexual kind of though... no bashing!

My children both boys ages 3 and 1 went to their dads house for the week last week. They came back on Sunday and Monday they were supposed to be laying down for a nap and when I went in to check on them, my oldest was in the crib holding my youngest humping him. They both had underwear on. Is this normal? What can I do? I asked their dad about it and he said that he did it once their and when he's in the tub he plays with himself. He has never seen sexual acts on my behalf and I don't know where he could be getting this from..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm sure that they way it's read will be taken much worse than it really was but just thinking about puppies (since I don't have boys), puppies don't have to see anything to hunch. It's a natural instinct. Since your oldest has found it feels good to rub it, maybe it's the same thing and it just happened to be your youngest that he was hunching? Might start naptime in seperate areas.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I have a two year old and he does the same crazy stuff. I was also freaked OUT!! I went and saw his dr and she said it was normal, it seems strange to me!! but she said that they play with themselves bc they are learning their body parts. ANy time my son is in the nude he is touching his private parts.. The humping part is the oddest thing to me also and kind distrubing but she reassured me he would grow out of it!
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 10:10 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Playing with his boy parts is way normal, I'm really not sure about the humping though.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• touching yourself at any age is normal & nothing to worry about...
    Humping, Id question the father or others they are around... does dad have a girlfried? is their adult content on tv or computer that they could have accidentally seen? .... Maybe they seen an animal do it? You just never know with kids. lol.. Maybe ask the oldest if hes able to communicate well enough...

Its not anything id be super scared about really though.. just teach them its not appropriate to touch others in that way & be private when touching themself.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Wow i never realized how common this is. I searched Toddler humping siblings on BING and got hundreds of links. My son has never done it but aparently you are far from alone.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2010