How do i make my seventeen yr old girl understand she is too young for sex?

She thinks anal sex is ok because, in her words, you cant get pregnant. When i was that age anal sex just wasnt even thought about. Is this something with all teens? Or is it just mine.

Awaymom70

Asked by Awaymom70 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Show her a photo of a roaring case of hemorrhoids and then ask her if she thinks anal sex is OK.
    Ask her if she wants to deal with anal leakage at the age of 17?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• wow
    i was going to say have her baby sit for a toddler
    but if she is already rationizing with can not get pregnant with anal
    you have a tough sell on your hands

does she get the fact that aids is out there and anal sex is a great way to get this?
    hard for a teen to get that they are not invincable..."can not happen to me"
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:24 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Being the mom of a 17 yo dd I get what your saying. However, mine would never think that anal is ok. Sex is sex. Period.
    If you have had all the "talks" with her, chances are you won't be able to change her mind. Make sure she is being safe and smart on the bc front. If she isn't on it already, seriously think about putting her on it.
    Getting them to understand that they ARE too young is a hard sell. My dd was in a relationship and thought he was the ONE. NOT!!! Now she is glad she didn't "give it up" to him. I found with mine that when I changed the conversation from "no no no"
    to be smart about it. And I took her relationship as seriously as she did, she was more open with me and not in such a hurry.
    Good luck, this is not a fun age!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• well, I guess that if she lives with you u need to tell her that it is your house and your rules, and also maybe have the talk about God and how sex is for marriage and procreation, and then you can get into the story of Sodom and Gomorra and explain how all sodomy is a sin! If you are religious that is, if not I dont know!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• She can still get an STD; make sure that she gets tested at least every three months.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Anal is not only a great way to get AIDS etc, it is a great way to ruin your body. Tell her that any doctor will tell you that eventually you will have damage to your body to the point you may not even be able to hold your poop inside, and mess your pants. NOT a good idea! Unwanted pregnancy is only one downside of having sex especially at a young age. She should be asking herself why it is so important to her to be having sex. What kind of guys is she hanging out with. Does she not understand that should be for when she is in a loving commited relationship and adult enough to handle the consequences?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2010