my 20 year old has taken up "pole dancing" for work and I can"t talk her out of it!!

She considers it a "craft" and I'm out of ideas.

headsup4u

Asked by headsup4u at 10:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Well, since she is an adult, there's really nothing you can do. Is she full nude or partial? As much as I'd hate too, I'd go and snap a picture of her and then later, show her what she looks like and threaten to put it on the web. Maybe a scare tactic would work.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I don't think I would be able to look her in the eye after finding this out. Was this a last ditch resort job or something,or was this a choice?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• If shes pole dancing then I highly doubt she would care if you were to "snap a picture of her and then later, show her what she looks like and threaten to put it on the web" Especially if shes young and pretty. Who knows, she might even do that herself knowing young girls these days.

Anyways I do agree about "since she is an adult, there's really nothing you can do" Hopefully its just a phase and she just like dancing. If its only partial nudity and no touching then I can see how she considers it just a "craft" But what I would be afraid of is if she sticks with it as a career and/or If she becomes a full on stripper or worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Voice your opinion, but then drop it. Don't try to "talk her out of it." That usually only makes them dig in their heels and become more resolved about doing it.

She is an adult, this is her decision and she has to live with any consequences that might come with it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:49 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• She's an adult, why do you even THINK you have a say? She's not breaking ANY laws.
    Anonymous

• You really can't do anything.
    Anonymous

• well first off she is wearing some clothes. You never take off your undies and you have to cover your nipples in laytex. Trust me I know I danced for about 2 years. Its damn good money and the guys dont touch and if they do the bouncers are great when it comes to things like that. And just so you know there is going to be no way that you will be able to talk her out of it.
    Anonymous

• At least she won't get fat.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Let her make her own mistakes in life so she'll learn. Just tell her no lap dances with wearing a female condom
    Anonymous

• "without" wearing a female condom..sorry for the mistake!
    Anonymous