opinions please

My mil wants my husband to go to her house for the weekend of forth of july. She lives four hours away. She specifically asked for him and my eight month old daughter to go there (not me). A quick little history here. My mil and I used to get along great until we got married two years ago. Then out of the blue she starts being really shity to me. On mother's day (my first one) she called my husband to tell him how much she hates me and how I am a horrible person (I really am very sweet). So I don't know what her problem is. But anyway being that its the forth of july should I let my husband take her with him for the weekend? It would leave me alone on the forth. Plus I have never been away from my daughter yet. Then my mil lays a guilt trip on him and says she never sees her granddaughter but that's because she refuses to come here because she's very stubborn.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No way. Either you go, or the baby doesn't.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• id say they will come only if i come for it is the holdiay and i am his wife and the mother to your grandchild and you don't have to like me but you must deal with me for i am part of his life
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:57 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No, you are a family now.

Your mother in law, takes you as a family or he has to move on. She is being stubborn, you have no choice, your husband must stand up to her and say:
    Mom we are a package deal, if we go my wife goes. I won't see it any other way. It is not fair for your child for you to be excluded, from holiday functions. You MIL needs to grow up and your Husband needs to teach her a lesson.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It's rude of her to leave you out. Your husband should know to decline those kinds of invitations because as a family, your the full package....ALL OR NONE!!!!
    He shouldn't feel guilty....since it's a two way street and she's allowed to come and visit you guys.
    Your husband needs to stand up for you guys as a family unit. Nobody should get into a marriage like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No,my opinion is that if my spouse is not invited or "allowed',then i will not be attending either. i don't believe in singleing out spouses.Its all or nothing.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• OP
    Thank you. This is what I figured. She's just been all around nasty to me since two years ago. I guess she was hoping we wouldn't last that long. And I am going to tell my husband he should be standing up for us. I miss my fil. Since all this I haven't been able to see or talk to him. I have not said one word to my mil and that drives her even more crazy. I think she wants to picka fight and drive a wedge between my husband and I.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Do not let her divide you its very childish of her to do this. Sit hubby down and tell him this is your family and he is going to have to back your play. There is so much wrong with this why would she have him bring your child without you included. I would sit her down and say we are a package deal. Do not fall for the guilt my own mom would do that to my SO you can sneak the boys over without her knowing. This is never a good thing. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2010