How do you get rid of mice without using kill traps or poison?

We bought our house last fall. The house had been vacant for a couple months. When we moved in we had a small mouse problem. This seemed to go away this winter. Now I am having a major problem with them. My cats have caught 4 this week. I don't know what to do. With my son and my cats I am unable to use traps and poison. I am really nervous about calling an exterminator because I do not have a lot of money. What do I do?

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• They have live traps, but if you catch to release mice make sure you release far from home and no where near mine.

Answer by AnneZbeth at 11:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• We had a really old victorian house and we had mice even with a cat...they sell sticky pads that you put out and the mouse gets stuck on them. Scoop them up on to the dust pan and out they go with the trash...they are cool!!! good luck!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• How to get rid of mice without using posien or mouse traps ...
    How to get rid of mice without using posien or mouse traps? ... critter eats the dead mouse it too can be poisoned (we have a dog that will eat mice). ... - 48k

Answer by vbruno at 12:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Get rid of mice without poison bait
    Get rid of mice without poison bait, traps or poisons. Ultrasonic mice control is fast, safe and effective. You pay nothing if these devices fail to get rid ... - 24k

Answer by vbruno at 12:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I don't know, but what I do know is my beloved 10 year old cat Charlie was killed by rat poison one of my neighbors used. Its been two years, hasn't gotten easier and I miss him so much.

If only my neighbor had not been so thoughtless.

Thank you for looking for alternatives!

Answer by sondrajoy at 2:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Yeah, if you have a cat I'd recommened NOT using poison. That would be a terrible tragedy if your kitty got ahold of some. Do a walk around the outside of your house and take note of any tiny holes or crevices they can enter through. You're going to want to fill any of those in with this expanding foam (you can get it anywhere). Once it dries, it hardens. That will help keep any future mice out. Then I'd do the live traps and set them free in a field someplace.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Sticky traps are HORRIBLY CRUEL!!! Get some live traps, catch them and let them go far away from the house.

Answer by Keriokeeee at 7:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2008