Related to previous question: Colombia police investigate Van der Sloot over missing girls

Police in Colombia are investigating whether Dutch national Johan van der Sloot was involved in the disappearance of two girls in Bogotá. The chief suspect in the murder case of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores was reportedly seen in various casinos in the Colombian capital in the company of young girls.
The sensationalist newspaper El Espacio has published an article on the Dutchman, linking his visits to Bogotá casinos to attend poker games between 6 and 14 May 2010, to the young women’s disappearance. The two girls went missing in the same period and - according to eye-witnesses - were spotted in Van der Sloot’s company. The 22-year-old Dutchman stayed at two or more hotels, the newspaper reports.

He has also retracted his murder confession. Again.

Does anyone believe him?

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 11:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Does anyone believe him?

Nope.  This is his MO to try to avoid prosecution.  Won't work this time though.  Like sands through the hour glass, his time is almost up. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I read that on my Yahoo page. Its unbelievable! He is getting caught now and he is STILL lying. Whats in his head? Does he think he is THAT charming? Arrrrg.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:33 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I had read that he was in Colombia before Peru and wondered about it...

Tragic that he was allowed to continue for so long, and even given money.
    Anonymous

• Tragic that he was allowed to continue for so long, and even given money.
    ---------
    The Aruban authorities botched the investigation back in 05, they don't have the experience to conduct an investigation of this nature, and made a lot of mistakes. And he was blackmailing the Holloway family, who were hoping to find out where their daughters remains were, what happened to her. If I were in those shoes, I would have paid him, too. I am so glad that they have caught him, that he is in custody. IF he did this to other girls, I think it is very likely that they will be able to prove it, to find the evidence they need, since authorities world-wide are now aware of what to look for.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Weren't the Holloways also working with FBI to get Van Der Sloot nailed on an international finance extortion charge or something of the sort?  So many balls were dropped. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Of course he retracted, he's a serial killer literally killing time.... However there's enough evidence to lock him up.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• He's a sick, bastard-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010