i want to detox my body....

heard of Jillian Michael's detox and cleanse, but read bad reviews, has anyone tried anything that works? I need to loose a lot of weight and want to clean out my system before i start dieting and exercising.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• My thinking is that detoxing your body really isn't necessary. It's a lot like having the flu. In fact, that's probably better. Your body has toxins in it that are truly needed, such as those in your digestive tract. If you go killing them all off, it's going to take a while to put them back in... that opens you up to lots of infections, virus attacks, etc. I would simply cut back on what you are eating, eat healthy, throw out the junk food, start a vitamin regimen and viola!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Exercise and drinking lots of water will also help naturally detox the body.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• your body will naturally detox itself if you start eating healthy foods. you are probably not getting proper nutrition right now - a detox/cleanse can actually be harmful rather than helpful. stick to whole natural foods. avoid refined sugars and flours, avoid high fructose corn syrup, stick to organic, natural, proteins - beef should be grass fed. avoid additives. you may want to avoid dairy all together. you will find that pretty quickly you will start to feel better in many ways and the weight will come off as your body gets healthy and begins being able to do the job it was intended to do. food enzymes and probiotics may help. i love nature's sunshine products. the food enzymes will help your stressed digestive system be able to more easily obtain nutrients from the foods you eat and will gently help cleanse in the process. probiotics can help clear the extra yeast out of your body and correct damage done.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Detoxing is not real, as in it is just another weight loss gimic made to make people think they are doing something good for their body when all it is doing is wasting their money. Our kidneys already do the job of "detoxing" our body. The only thing that you might get out of a detox is some water weight loss which may in turn give you the motivation to continue on with dieting.
    Anonymous

• Dr. Oz said on TV that detoxing is a myth. Your body is designed to flush out toxins daily. Just stop putting junk in it (boy I need to take my own advice) and let your wonderfully complex body do the rest. Drink lots of water and eat plenty of healthy foods in their natural state.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I used/still use Isagenix. There is more info on my blog -

http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions feel free to message me or email me. My contact info is on my blog.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 2:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2010