Terriable Twos!! My daughter has gone from a perfect little angel to a tantrum throwing, spitting, yelling kid i have ever seen.

I have 2 kids. My oldest will be 2 next week and lately she has turned so mean. When she doesnt get her way or get to do what she wants she throws a terriable fit, she no longer obeys and sometimes she stands there and screams "mommy" "mommy" and when i got to get her she says "no" and stomps her feet. I dont know what to do, if i dont give in she stands there and screams and if i do give in shes getting what she wants. HELP!!

jnfmom08

Asked by jnfmom08 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sweet pea just turned 2 at the end of May and has been throwing tantrums and such since she was able to crawl. I am hoping that since we started the "terrible two's" so early, we might get to skip past the terrorsome three's! Normally, I am the parent that stands ground and doesn't give in - She has her dear daddy wrapped around her little finger and knows it. She is a completely different child when her dad is around. I ignore her antics and go about my daily after work chores. Normally her tantrum is done and over with in about 30 minutes (at the most).
    mcpavelka

Answer by mcpavelka at 4:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think you meant my 2-1/2 year old son!! He's doing that too, however he eased in to this pretty normally after colic and constant tantrums since he was born.. so this is probably less of an adjustment for me, none the less, Frustrating as can be
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Just wait until she turns 4! It only gets tougher...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• you have to stand your ground and not give in. I hope the best. My oldest dd will be two next week too and thankfully she hasnt made the trantrum stage yet but she doesnt like to listen very well. GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:54 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Wow, you're lucky this stage started so late. My DD has been behaving this way since she was born! Just ignore her. When she sees no reaction, it will lose its appeal.
    deelite12

Answer by deelite12 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• oh you have no idea. wait until they get to 3 it only gets worse. so be ready. you are in for a rollercoaster of tantrums
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2010