is it normal to have nosebleeds often im about 2 weeks pregnant

jerzeygurl

Asked by jerzeygurl at 11:42 AM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can have nosebleeds and bleeding gums. You might try saline nasal spray to moisten the inside of your nose and sinus. It is just salt water, you don't need a RX and it won't hurt the baby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I read that nosebleeds are normal in pregnancy. Whenever I blow my nose there's always a little bit of blood. I think it's because of the increased blood flow during pregnancy.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 11:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Nose bleeds are pretty common,, but if they are excessive,, and you can't stop them,, you need to talk to your OB!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Nosebleeds and bleeding gums are normal during pregnancy because of the increased levels of estrogen. If you can't get bleeding to stop, call your obstetrician, but other than that, I'd say to just mention it during your next visit.
    bluejupalex

Answer by bluejupalex at 11:59 AM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I had nosebleeds almost every morning during the first trimester when I was pregnant with my son. It wasn't even just a little blood, Id get up in the morning and it would start running out of my nose luckily it would stop after a min or two but it was pretty annoying running to the bathroom almost every morning trying to keep it from dripping everywhere. My ob said it was normal. I also with both of my pregnancies get/got bleeding gums almost every time I brushed my teeth.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• How the hell do you know you're two weeks pregnant?
    E.B.030309

Answer by E.B.030309 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I was waiting for someone like youE.B., I have always known by 3 weeks! Some of us go to the doctor and have a blood test done, and or an ultrasound! Plus I tested positive at home at 3 weeks and 1 day! Sorry you dont know your body so well! I have had 2 ultrsounds that verify how far along i was when i tested! Here is a question for you..... How the hell is it that you think you know so damn much? God frowns on mean people like you!

OP- It is very right that extra blood flow is the issue, it may get better, it may not, but it is normal, this is # 5 for me,and i have had that problem every time! Congratulations!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Riiiiiight. Because I'm a mean person for asking how someone knew they were" pregnant at two weeks". I know so damn much because I actually pay attention to Doctor's and ask questions. I'm sure God is farting towards your general area as well.
    E.B.030309

Answer by E.B.030309 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• EB she most likely isnt even pregnant or shes having a miscarriage from her nose. You pick!

rock on bish! :D
    TurboTwatO_O

Answer by TurboTwatO_O at 1:00 AM on Jun. 22, 2010

• Jolee

Have you ever heard of birth control? hm?

And EB knows everything because he is GOD! dont you know that?

Also just so you know MOST* women who are not undergoing some sort of fertility treatment do not know they are pregnant that soon and do not know to see a doctor for a Blood Beta Test.
    TurboTwatO_O

Answer by TurboTwatO_O at 1:24 AM on Jun. 22, 2010