Where can a 19 month old play?

Our DD is 19 months old, and loves to run and climb. Where can we take her that is safe and indoors as our climate is questionable? The mall playground is great until the bigger kids run her down. We belong to Gymboree, but their open gym times are usually nap time. When we have nice weather, the playgrounds are great, but lately it has been cold and rainy. We have a children's museum local, but it is geared toward older kids also. Any suggestions???

FlyingMommy747

Asked by FlyingMommy747 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have the same problems finding places for my 15 month old to play that are safe also. You can't take him to the public park because of the bigger kids, and we really don't have anything like Gymboree since I live in a small town. But we do have a couple lakes and I have found that the play grounds they have usually don't have anyone on them unless a whole family goes for a cook out or something, so during the week and stuff there is never anyone there so we go there and let him play. Sometimes I will take my cousin's little girl (18 months) and my best friend's little boy(2y/o) with us so that he has someone similar in age to play with.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We go to the library a lot, they have a children's area that is fun for my DD to play (20 months). We went a lot in winter and will go in summer when too hot to play outside. When I was little my mom used to take us to the playground at the elementary school during the summer and no one was ever there.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Monkey Joes! We love it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Have you checked with your Parks and Recreation Department? We have two indoor playgrounds that are maintained and operated by the City - they're great!

Answer by missanc at 4:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yes I have tried the Parks & Rec, they only have outdoor parks.
    FlyingMommy747

Answer by FlyingMommy747 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2010