kailei ( kaylee) azlynn for a girl?

this is my daughters name what do you think of it?

the spelling kailei is the french version of ( caylee) and it means from heaven, azlynn is a mythical goddess that means beautiful ....thats how i came about the name. please no harse comments on it ....just wondering what you may think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The name Kailei is gaelic(irish) not french just so you know.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yes, sorry but Kailai is Gaelic & it means slender. It is not french at all.

I don't care for the name Kaylee, which is how you pronounce the name right? When i saw your post i read it Kai-Lay which is actually a hawaiian name that has something to do with the ocean. I like the way Kai-Lay sounds better than Kaylee. When i looked up that name, they say it's supposed to be pronounced Kee-lay. Which i also like better than Kaylee.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I don't like it. Poor girl, shes constantly going to be correcting people on spelling and pronouncing it wrong for her entire life! I do like the name Kaylee a lot though but not with the weird spelling.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I love the name caylee ( what I was going to name my son if he was a girl lol) ... and I do like how you spell it but I am all for odd spellings ( my daughters name is Crslynn) .....

It wouldnt matter even if you nmaed her Kaylee or even kate.... someone will always have something negative to say about it.....so if you love the name go with it !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I agree with jess, only because my husband Kyale (Kyle) goes thru the same thing all the time. But, you're the mama, heck I pretty much did the same thing to my son, Nickson... but we call him Nick. It's your (and dad's) decision overall, and I'm sure whatever you pick, she'll grow right into it.
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I am always surprised at how many Moms ask about names for their kids. LOL. I just picked a name ,my DH had names in mind too, and we decided...we didn't ask anyone what they thought about the names. Why ask?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Kailei is actually pronounced Kay-Lie
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It looks to me like it would be pronounced Kay Lay.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Just seems like so many Kalyees these days, not loving it. But as long as you do!!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2010