summer chores/rules

what are some of the summer chores / rules that your teens have?

today is the first day of summer (friday was the last day of school) and Im putting together my summer chore list and summer rules. examples: I cook dinner, breakfast and lunch they can make themselves. I am putting together a chore list (being that Im a sahm they dont have chores while in school becuase it gets done 100% before they even get home). No back to back sleep overs. No sleeping in past 9. Monday & Wednesdays are family dinner nights.

Hummmm...... did I miss anything? What rules do your teens have in the summer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• curfew for weekdays and weekends....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• yes... we have a 10pm curfew for both kids (13 & 15)... that is the law here.

OP
    Anonymous

• If they have company- they clean up after them. ;-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My 12 year old has a chore list that is "daily alternate"...each day certain things on the list get done....here's what's on the list
    She has to be up and dressed by 7:30, then read her Bible for 10 minutes and have her prayer time, make her bed, pick up her room,( all of the previous is done EVERY day) Vaccuum her room, Her bathroom (straighten, wipe down counter, mirror, and sink, clean toilet, straighten and clean tub/shower, sweep/mop floor), Straighten, dust, and vacuum den, straighten dust, and vacuum living room, pick up "poo" in back yard, Clear table after dinner, Let the dog in and out, water the dog, brush the dog, and straighten the basement before bed.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• well cleaning up after yourself is a given 24/7/365

OP
    Anonymous

• We really don't do anything different during the summer. Chores are all the same, pick up your rooms, help in the kitchen. Curfews are what they would be on weekends. 11 pm unless there is an event, concert, party or what ever. We don't have special rules because school is out, it is a vacation, for all of us!!
    P.S. my girls are 13 and 17!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I don't do anything different really in the summer that I don't do during school year. I'm a working mom so my kids have quite a few chores assigned to each of them. Wash the dishes, put the dishes away, vacuum, take out the trash, feed/water the dogs, gather all the dirty clothes, wash the kitchen counters and sweep/mop the kitchen. Be home for dinner by 6:30 if we have time with the sports schedule to even have dinner. I take care of the bathroom, doing laundry and cooking.
    During the week my oldest son's curfew is 10 or 10:30 depending on the plans he has. My younger son still has to be in by dark and in front of my house by 8:30. One weekends my oldest son has to be home by 12:00am. I don't mind friends staying over, I typically have two extra boys over most nights. They are also required to check in during the day so I know where they are all times.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010