How to get through the last week without being crazy?

I have 8 days till my due date. Everyone that was pregnant while I was has had their baby, even the ones due after me. Its not fair, It seems like she'll never come out! I've been stuck at 1 1/2 cm for 3 weeks now! She couldn't wait to come out at 29 weeks and I went into labor 5 times in one week! But now she just won't come out... I've been crying a lot because even though I don't want to be.. I'm JEALOUS of the other woman that have had their babies... Mine has to wait till VERY last minute.. I've also had CONSTANT false labor up until Sat. and now sun, mon, and today. I've had practicly NO contractions..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Actually Braden, I have had an ultrasound to find out my due date, and i only have a 3 day window of difference! So 22 days is rediculous! Some of us have had verifying tests! All of mine where born w/in days if the due date because the military makes sure the due date is 98% accurate with only a three day grace period! She may actually know her due date! I am having # 5 and i had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and 10 weeks, and my due date is Jan.12 . So Jan 9- Jan 15. No room for difference!
    My daughter was born at 38 weeks 5 lb. 4 0z and 17 inches and was healthy as a horse! The rest were 8 lbs or more, so that is just your lack of knowledge!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• take a long walk (try not to waddle) eat some pineapple and make love to your husband, especialy since it could be the last chance you have for a while. then take a nap. if that doesnt help, just wait it out. she will come when she is ready.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I feel the same way Im due Thursday and it doesnt seem like its going to happen Im going nuts!!!! Hang in there Mama I know how you feel!!
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You realize that the due date is a date picked because it is in the middle of possible due dates, so, your sweet little baby possible has 22 more days of growth time left. Think of it as bread baking don't wish her out before she is ready, she might need time to finish baking. Having her now might mean she is 22 days early and might need NICU time and oxygen. A friend just had a baby at 35 weeks and 5 days, he has been in NICU on oxygen for over a week now. Because he was breathing like a preemie. He was also 6lbs 15oz and 20 in.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• 8 day until your due date! You could be pregnant another 3 weeks. Is this your first baby? When did your mother, grandmothers and aunts deliver.  If you make it to 42 weeks THEN you can complain about the very last minute. Right now you need to realize that babies come when they come. Give yourself a limited amount of time for you little pity party and then go do something constructive.

Anonymous

• OP here.. I have had SIX ultrasounds due to several complications. And all have confirmed my due date.. And its right on with what my period was, so yeah. My due date IS correct. This is my 4th baby. I've had A LOT of problems during this pregnant.. so thanks for the pity party comment.. Also, my doctor isn't letting me go over my due date because I have blood clots in my placenta which isn't only dangerous but could KILL my baby.
    Anonymous

• LOL..yeah,it sounds like a pity party. And you are jealous of the other Moms? Wow....I am amazed,Mom. The baby will come when your body is ready!
    Anonymous

• wow.. some of you can be real bitches..
    Anonymous