What color should I paint the room

My kid is a John Deere tractor freak, he has two shelves full of collector tractors and I need more shelves, well anyway, I was thinking a lighter shade of JD yellow. His room is blue right know with blue carpet. I want to rip out the carpet and replace it with tile and get him a area rug for his room. And a JD sheet set for christmas. my friend thinks I should go all JD color but they are so bright.

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Let him pick out the color if he's older than 2 or 3.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Maybe one wall JD green and the others yellow? I also did this in Bright blues and light blues for my son,, it turned out awesome,, we also painted on wall with black board paint,, it looks very cool,, You might also find some of those new decals,, or take a picture of a John Deere tractor and have it blown up HUGE,, You can get things blown up 8 x 8 at kinkos for about $100, and put it on the wall, DS (yes at age 5) is an ELVIS fanatic,, he has a Huge picture of Elvis along one of the walls,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It is completely up to you of course. But I do like the green.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Grass green on the bottom 1/3 of the wall, and sky blue on the top 2/3 of the wall.

Or light yellow!
    Anonymous

• my little cousin has his room done in JD .... he has the top part of the wall JD yellow and the bottom JD green and in the middle is a JD border ...it look sooo cute and not annoying ( as int he colors lol) .... his closet door is even painted yellow and looks nice...And even though I am not a fan of "tan" I do think that would even look nice if you decorate with enough other JD things.

here are some rooms that might help:

http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Boys-Rooms/Ians-room-/detail.esi?oid=14205839

http://www.bluebaygallery.com/johndeere

http://www.greenfunstore.com/Bedroom_c_160-2-4.html
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You could paint the walls white. Then mask off a very thick stripe (1 1/2 foot) toward the top of the room and paint that a very bright yellow or green. That way it won't be too overwhelming but you'll still get the bright color. Or keep the bottom half white and the top half green. Use that blue masking tape.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i like your idea! i was going to say the yellow! dont get self stick boarders. i just did for my sons room and i cannot get the thing to stay on the wall - they are crap and i noticed a Jdeer one.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:28 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Let him pick out the color.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think he needs to pick out the color if possible because it IS HIS room. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I painted my DS room in very pale yellow (at least thats what the color swatch looked like. Well I finishe three walls and wanted to puke! The yellow was so bright that you got dizzy in the roon. So be careful of which yellow you choose. I would just do it in a light green like very light grass color. My Bathroom is painted light green & it's very relaxing.
    Anonymous