Bored with hamburgers....

Anyone have any good recipes for burgers? We're getting tired of the same ol thing and want to change it up a bit and possibly 86 the bun all together. Anyone have any creative ideas?

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I prefer turkey burgers
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i put salsa in mine when i mix the seasoning into the meat. about 2-3 tbs per lb.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Bacon ranch burgers. I season the meat with the Hidden Valley ranch packet..top with cheddar & Swiss slices and bacon..now I'm hungry...yumm
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• we like turkey burgers as well, but we still just grill them up and put the same 'ol stuff on them... the salsa idea is good, could take the place of the tomato and leave it open faced even
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We rarely have our burgers on a bun - we'll have other carbs alongside the burger. We like to make meatloaf-style burgers.

Chop cooked bacon, and mix into hamburger along with shredded cheddar cheese (chopped pickles, chopped onion, some ketchup, all optional). Shape into burgers & grill - bacon cheeseburgers.

Tear 2 slices of bread per pound of meat into tiny peices. 1 egg per pound. Chopped onion, italian seasoning, tomato sauce, shredded mozzerella cheese - mix together - Italian burgers.

Mix a packet of dry ranch dressing mix into meat - Ranch burgers.

Mix Italian seasoning into meat. Make thin patties. Lay a slice of mozzerella cheese on a patty, a 2nd patty on top, pinch edges together, and serve with pizza sauce instead of ketchup - pizza burgers.
    Anonymous

• you could try a different kind of bun too. ciabata rolls are really good! or sour dough. or kiaser rolls. maybe even pita bread. and smoked cheeses are good on grilled burgers. smoked provalone is my fave!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• OOOH, a pita would be awesome... these are all great ideas
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• For a treat, I'll put cream cheese and black olives in the middle of my burger. Really good - especially if you grill them.
    Amigram

Answer by Amigram at 12:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• YES! I have the ultimate recipe

Mix hamburger
    worchestershire sauce
    season all
    onion powder
    chili powder
    oragano
    and a small amount of brown mustard

Fry and cover in cheese....Knife and fork and presto!

They are so good! I never use a bun, and even though it sounds like alot of ingredients, it is wonderful! :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You can do Pita for the bun like someone else suggested.

You can get flavor mixes at the grocery store .. like Ranch. And mix it in with your hamburger before cooking.
    You can make BBQ burgers. Just coat the burger in BBQ sauce right before it's done cooking. Just enough to heat up the BBQ sauce. Then search. You can also mix the BBQ sauce in the meat before cooking.
    My husband's uncle takes Onion soup mix and places it between two thin patties. Smooshes the patties together to cover the soup mix and grills them. They're good.
    You can also use Cream of Mushroom soup on your burger ..

All of those can be served without the bun. The ranch burger may even be good on a tortilla and lettuce salad with veggies and cheese. You can also make meatloaf out of the hamburger instead of burgers.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2010