How do you teach your child to blow his/her nose?

My daughter has a cold and I haven't figured out a way to teach her how to blow her nose. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

baboluchi56

Asked by baboluchi56 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Demonstrate blowing to her. Show her closing her mouth and then blow out her nose. It will take patience if she is like my son. He was a stubborn one for teaching. I have taught others in no time at like 18 months, so, I know it can be done. Just practice demonstrating and then having her try.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• just keep trying. show them how you blow your nose. Show them how you can blow air out your nose. Hold the tissue for them around their nose and tell them to blow. etc. keep trying.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• By example. My son learned how to blow his nose because my dad does it all the time. Then when we got sick recently he did it for me without me having to ask. He knew, because Bapa did it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It's hilarious how hard that is isn't it!! It took my son forever to catch on. I mean he was like 3. lol. DD figured it out pretty early on her own so I'm really no help. I just liked this question. lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010