Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would be the chances of him getting the kids ?

My friend is getting married and is pregnant by my cousin. She has a 1 & 2 y/o by another guy who has had absolutely nothing to do with them. This guy has 3 other kids and has already signed the rights over to 2 of them, he has never paid child support but has a new huge house, 2010 car and a brand new harley. He use to work at the polive station as well as my friend, when she broke up with him she made reports because he beat her and raped her ( which is how she got pregnant with the 2nd ). When she went to the PS to pick up the report to take to court they said there was no report ( meaning he or one of his friends did away with it). He has slashed her tires, keyed her car, everything.

Now my cousin has been raising these boys as his own, they call him daddy and he wants to adopt them... the bio dad was goin to sign his rights over until he found out that they were getting married and now wants the kids.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • he has a good chance of at least visitation, but sole custody is unlikely

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Would the argument about him giving the rights up to the other kids help my friend though ( basically saying why her kids, and not the others?)


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • contact a lawyer who handles domestic, document everything and get before a Judge

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • She does have a lawyer and has paid alot of money to already... and he is basicaly giving her no info on what to do he keeps just saying that they will talk to the judge on the court day

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Very unlikely that he will get the children. She needs to talk to a lawyer. She needs to start collecting every piece of data against him showing him a neglectful and unfit father. Showing his signs of abuse, anger, etc. Anything that puts him in a bad light.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • Since she already has a lawyer she needs to find another lawyer that 1 is being lazy hes in it for the money and not for her or her kids.. but as for the father of her kids he cant get them unless he proves shes an unfit mother and thats very hard to do. and yes it would help if she says something bout him giving up the rights to his other children

    Answer by angelluvgoddess at 1:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.