I am 6 weeks pregnant, how tired is "normal"? How fatigued were you?

I just wanna fall on my face, lol.

I keep telling myself I must just be lazy, but I really am exhausted most of the day.

Feel like I could sleep all day long! Dont have any motivation to clean or do anything really! This is my 3rd baby and I dont remember feeling THIS tired!

Am I normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yep. taking care of 2 other kids and making a baby is hard work! my first trimester this time i could barely crawl out of bed. and i still look forward to nap time with my 3 yr old. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I was crazy tired when I was pregnant but being I didn' thave any children, I went home and napped everyday - I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with him now if I were pregnant and doing it ...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• it def takes a toll on us that has older children an being preg. i wasnt tired really with my 1st cause i could sleep when i wanted. but now, being prego with my 2nd an having a 2 yo-im def more tired. im always tired, an feel like i could fall asleep anytime. an it seems like no sleep is enough..an it just gets worse when u fall into the last few weeks of pregnancy..but i wish u Luck!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• There isn't a "normal" when it comes to being pregnant and fatigued. Hell even if your not pregnant there are those who have lots of energy and aren't fatigued normally and there are those who are always fatigued. Everyone is different. With my first pregnancy I felt as if I could sleep all day but with this one I feel like I'm always up running around the house doing stuff all day and yet at night I have trouble sleeping because I don't feel that tired.
    Anonymous

• I prego with # 5 and have 4 to take care of every morning, and for me, especially being a neat freak, I make sure to take my vitamins and have a small amount of coffee every morning (2 caffeinated drinks a day is ok) Then you wont feel so low!

Prenatal vitamins
    DHA
    Calcium
    Omega 3
    small amount of coffee....Good luck
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I wake up and my eyes don't want to open. Regardless of how early/late in the morning it is. I sit up in bed and can't seem to get myself to move. I have a one year old and a six month old as well, so I don't have a choice but to get up. So I do .. Everyday I am begging for nap time, so I can lay down and go to sleep again. It is a struggle to move throughout the day.

Take your prenatal. And talk to your doctor about your Iron. I have Anemia during pregnancy and Iron pills help greatly!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• This is normal. With my son I felt like I was dragging around a boulder. It usually gets better around 10-12 weeks and then you'll have so much energy you won't know what to do with it!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• How fatigued was I? VERY  I put my DD on the bus and went back to sleep.

Anonymous

• That is exactly how I felt. I was unbelievably exhausted. The thing was, I never really got morning sickness...but I made up for it in lack of energy. One the second trimester hit, I had a lot of energy though. Hang in there! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• So tired that I felt like I needed to be peeled up off the floor. I got that way with all 3 pregnancies. The extreme fatigue will lighten up around 12 to 15 weeks. Hang in there. In the mean time, go to bed as early as possible. Some nights I was in bed by 8pm because I had 2 toddler to wake up and take care of at 6:30 am.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2010