Not really a question I am just venting about my mom and best friend not coming to my shower.

The two people in the world that I thought I could count on didn't come to my baby shower and I am disappointed. My mom was "sick" but she is always "sick" when a birthday or something comes around. I am just disappointed I guess. :( I am going anon on this one because my friend is a member of CM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am SO sorry! I really know how this feels! You feel shafted and really let down!

This happened to me at my shower too! My church threw me a HUGE shower, so nice. My MIL and SIL showed up for about 5 minutes, refused to eat anything my church made, and wanted me to hurry and open their gift so they could leave to go to Walmart! WALMART!!!!! WHAT THE CRAP THIS IS YOUR GRANDCHILD!!!

Amazing how some people treat others!

Sorry you feel bad! Mine was about 4 years ago and I still have a chip on my shoulder if you cant tell...LOL!
    Anonymous

• Yeah it is funny how everyone has to go so soon because they always have something to do. Now granted some things I do understand but yeah. I am sorry if I sound selfish but it just really let me down.
    Anonymous

• I think it's important to REMEMBER instances like this, when THEY need you for something! :o)

I am an only child, married and living 300 miles (4-5 driving hours) away from my mother (MA to PA), she is a retired school teacher, and REFUSED to come down to her the second of her ONLY grandchildren's Christening, because she was taking a vacation from her retirement and DRIVING to South Carolina. Remember, in driving from Boston to Myrtle Beach you pass through Pennsylvania!!! That was the beginning of the end of our already strained relationship. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Hugs! That would be a let down.
    When I was pregnant with my 1st, my mil decided to throw together the shower at the last minute and she had it on the morning of her step-daughters wedding! She said "well everyone is going to be in town anyway, might as well get it over with!". Then she served left-over food (from the wedding rehersal cookout the night before) and she rushed the shower to hurry up and be done as we had the wedding to get ready for and go to.
    Anonymous

• I get it too. I have all of these friends that want me to come to their kids birthdays and buy them gifts every year and every year on my sons birthday they "are going out of town" or "are sick" or don't even bother making up an excuse and don't show. Ive stopped going to their events if they dont show up for mine that year. Hey it gets expensive and if they dont care more than that then forget them
    Anonymous

• OP here: Yeah. And I always am the one who bends over backwards to make it to these types of celebrations. *Sigh* Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now.
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry. I know how you feel. I had my shower last month and sent out 30 invites! My mom, grandmother, 1 of my sisters out of 3, and a girl that I have known for just a couple of years showed up. Most of my relatives and ALL of my closest friends either "forgot" OR couldn't make it!
    Anonymous

• I am pretty anti-shower; perhaps they are, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2010