4 month old has a cold

My 4 month old son and I are both sick with a cold. He has a cough and his nose is incredible stuffed up! He is not acting sick but he doesn't sound good at all. Is there anything I can do to help him? I am using saline mist in his nose and at night I prop his mattress up a little bit so he doesn't get so stuffy.

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is the worse when they are that little isn't? My now 11 month old got sick at around the same age, we were only able to help him with a humidifier, the little noses spray and a little bit of baby vicks, otherwise their little bodies just have to tough it out. good luck, hope you both feel better soon!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I always "steam clean" my boys when they are stuffed up. We turn on the shower with just hot water close the curtain and sit in the steamy bathroom for 15-20 mins. I still do this with my 6 year old. Propping the mattress up is a good idea however I y always had better luck when they were that small having them sleep in their bouncy seats or swings. With my 6 year old I sleep on the couch and he sleeps in the recliner when sick with a cold.Vicks makes a plug in to the wall that you put these little medicated pads in that help clear them up.Good luck!!
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• you are not supposed to use baby vicks anymore from what i know.
    do you have a bulb syringe? you should be sucking his boogers out. and i would call the DR and take him in if he has a cough, especially if his cough sounds mucousy, to make sure its not bronchillits. my son got bronchollitis around 7 or 8 months. to us its just a cold, to them it can be much more serious and we had to have him on a breathing machine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:19 PM on Jun. 21, 2010