Im 9 weeks pregnant,but my Dr told me that i was going to miscarry

Im 9 weeks pregnant. I went to the doctors to see how far along i was at first they couldnt tell me because i was to early so they had me go back every 2 weeks until they could see a baby. Well i went at 6 weeks and they saw a lil bean,well but they couldnt detect a heatbeat. So i went back the next week for another ultrasound and the lady measured the baby but didnt even bother to check for a heartbeat. The doctor told me that the baby hadnt grown from the last visit and that i was going to miscarry. None of it makes since to me and im not sure what i should do or think. Have any of you ever gone through this before??? Im really kinda scared and sad :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh and i still have not had any signs of a miscarriage..no spotting or bleeding. Im still having all of the pregnancy symptoms such as vomiting, breasts hurt,urniting lots,hungry lots etc...
    Anonymous

• I am sorry you are going through this, have you thought about asking your doctor to run some blood test to detect your pregnancy hormones. I was told the same thing at the ER at 6 weeks...I went home, waited and waited and did not miscarry, made another appt. and my pregnancy hormone count actually went up I was still pregnant. I hope this works out for the best, take care mama!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would see about getting a new doctor. It sounds like your current may be a little flaky... I'm not sure if i'd trust what they are saying... GL
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• They took my blood and my numbers were like 110,000 !!!! Which he said was really good...but yet hes telling me that since the baby didnt grow in a weeks time that i was going to miscarriage.And whats really messed up is that i called the office again the other day to get a re check done (ultrasound) and was talking to the receptionist and asked her if i can schedule an appt for another ultrasound,she asked for what...i said well because the dr told me that i was going to miscarry and nothing has happened yet. She then begun to tell me that if i do have an ultrasound that my insurance may not pay for it since the doctor has already put that it was a miscarriage, i was like who wait a minute I HAVENT MISCARRIED YET, so why would he put that in there. She said " Look im not going to sit here and argue with you" Oh that totally pissed me off so i hung up on her... I just dont get it i really dont..how can people be so darn rude??
    Anonymous

• Just wait and see what happens. Doctors do make mistakes and this could be one of those times. If you have no negative symptoms and still have all the positive ones, he may not know what he is talking about. So just wait and try to think positvely. I had a friend who was told her baby didn't have a heartbeat and the doctor wanted to do a D&C. She refused it, and today her daughter is about 20 years old. So they don't always know, even with all the modern technology!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i have heard a few stories like the one nannyb wrote about. wait it out. pray and think positive.
    i wish you the best of luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Please get a new Dr. The one you have sucks.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I agree...get a second opinion and some blood work done! Wishing you the best of luck!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 2:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I vote for getting a new doctor too. The secretary is mean and the doctor is an idiot.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• If they already did the blood test and your hormones were high, I recommend like the other posters to find a new doctor.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2010