help.... they won't stop pressuring me to have another baby

my so and his family won't stop pressuring me to have another baby.... my son is 1 year.... my so is 32 , i am 22... i'm still in school and i didn't plan my son.... even tho i love him dearly.... how do i get them to stop.... and sorry for the no punctuation... my son spilled water on my keyboard and the shift key isn't working

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Just tell them you will have another one if and when the time is right

My ds is 4 1/2 and people have FINALLY just stopped asking when we are having another
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• You get them to stop by ignoring their request and if it gets to be too much then simply say, we are the ones who have a say on when and if we want another one.

Answer by older at 2:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Tell them to enjoy their grand son, and that if the possibility of having more arises- they'll be the first to know, but that should something happen to your SO, you need to be able to take care of yourself and the children. Which you can't do if you don't finish school, and keep popping out babies.

In short, you'll have to ignore them though.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think this conversation really belongs with your DH and you and not his family. My husband and mom keep asking me about having our last baby, to try for a girl, lately it seems more often, my LO is 11 months. Mentally and emotionally I do not feel ready to be pregnant or have another LO anytime soon. Open those lines of communication with your husband, maybe he can be supportive next time this conversation comes up with family. Good luck!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• you could always joking tell them it's their turn to have another. :)
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 2:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Why does your SO want another baby right now? Tell him you can't go to school and raise two children that close and you need an education if something should happen to him.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 2:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• that's funny! i am 40, just had my 5th baby, and my mom and step dad just offered to pay for a tubal ligation! i love my family, and we are not having any more, but isn't it funny how family can say the funniest things?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I would tell the inlaws "that decision is a private matter between SO and I and really is none of your business". As for SO I would sit him down and tell him you don't appreciate the pressure by him and his family to have a baby, and I would ask him why the big rush to have another one? I do think you both need to talk about this issue, and see if you can come up with a 'baby timeframe' that both of you can agree on--- like 3 years from now (for example). Then in 3 years discuss it again and see if you are both ready and willing to add to the family.
    That is what hubs and I did. When we got married hubs wanted to wait 4 years before thinking about having kids and that was ok with me. So 4 years later we talked about it and we both decided the time was right to start trying and a year later our 1st child was born.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010