Does anyone have a child with heart Disease

Golden_Hair

Asked by Golden_Hair at 2:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Health

• I have a 7 yo lil brother who had to have open heart surgery at 7 days old. He had a aorta vavle problem, they think he may have conjestive heart failure like our grandfather had... (MOST OF MY SPELLING MAY BE WRONG SORRY...)

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My step daughter has a boyfriend who is 18.He has had heart problems his whole life.He recently had a pig valve put in.But he seems to be okay and healthy.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 2:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Kiwi was diagnosed at 1 day old with Wolfe Parkinson White (WPW), a heart condition where her heart was formed with extra tissue that made the electrical part of the heart beat twice-three times as fast.
    She had been on heart meds for her first 5 years, then had the procedure to correct it right after turning 5. They stuck catheters (tubey things) in the arteries in both legs and on her neck, found all the extra spots, and lasered them off.
    She is still considered to have it for a year. On February, 2011, if the EKG, and echo is still good, she is considered cured and no longer having a heart problem.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yep. Firstborn was diagnosed at 2 days old. Found out a few years later my dad has the same thing. Because of that I was tested and I have it too. Then we found out dad's aunt has it. My other 4 are being monitored for it.
    Anonymous

• My son has a congenital heart defect, he gets monitored every 3 months at the cardio and could possibly need a surgery by age 5.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 6:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2010