TMI question about my period.

I have an IUD if that makes a difference, have had it for two years and don't get a period.. and when I do it is very light and only lasts for about a day. They are very irregular, and I only get them like once every three to four months.

Anyhow, I've been bleeding a little bit on and off for like two weeks, but not like a little bit of blood like normal, instead it is coming out like in chunks (sorry I know its gross). Its like slimey, bright red, and in big clumps.. and I've been having a lot of cramping. I don't want to go to the doctor for a period, so I'm just wondering if this has happend to anyone? Is it normal to have THIS irregular of peirods?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Health

• Honestly I don't know if it is normal or not. I also have an IUD, and my periods have been slightly heavier since I got mine over a year ago. I know that the IUDs can make it change in some women. But the chunks are something I have never gotten. If I were you I would go to your OB or health department and tell them about it just to make sure everything is okay.

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i have never had an IUD, but i would call your doc today and see if you can get in. if not, then go to a walk in clinic or ER. take care of yourself. i hope you feel better soon.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010