How did you choose your child's name/s?

Elijah Dylan. Elijah means the Lord is my God and Dylan means son of the seas. The name Elijah actually came to me when I woke up in the middle of the night, I wasn't even considering that name.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love Elijah. If I have a boy, I will name him Elijah. We picked my daughter's name b/c it was the only one we agreed on!
    deelite12

Answer by deelite12 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Dylan Alexander, was a roll of the dice. I put 6 first names and 6 middle names on a sheet of paper, and numbered them 1-6. then i rolled a dice until 1 of each name came up twice. Silly i know but i worked for us.

Jeffery-Rex Aidan, was named after my husband's uncle and Grandfather (jeffrey and rex) and then i added aidan to the middle cause i wanted an "a" name.

Mikhail Aaron, was always a name i liked and i had decided after DS#2 that if i had a boy i would go with something that i loved!
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Elijah is my brothers name. Anyways, we had both always liked Xavier. Even before we were married. Then our family choose between names given, Oliver got picked for our second son.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My DD's name is made up, its a combination of the first name of the person who, essentially, made our relationship possible, and my dads middle name.
    Anonymous

• We picked family names.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• we made it up.... teon is my son's fathers name, and we added dre at the end since we both didn't like the jr. thing... so teondre
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I got her first name from a Stephen King book, "Bag of Bones". I really liked the character so I named my daughter after her. The middle name came from combining my mom's and my MIL's middle names.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I've always loved Biblical names. But years ago when Rick Springfield was on GH I had never heard a Noah other than the Bible and I knew I'd have a Noah someday. But 25 years later, most people have a Noah, too!

If I were to have another boy it would be Jonah.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We used variations on the living grandparents' names. It was a great way to include them and give them a sense of generations beyond them...It also made it easier for my husband and I to agree on a name since we weren't choosing based on personal preferences
    CavalierLvr

Answer by CavalierLvr at 4:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• my son's name is Jonathan Davis. i really don't know why i wanted the name Jonathan but it does mean "a gift from God" and we got the Davis from hubby's boss which it was his last name though.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2010