Do you use MSG?

What are your thoughts on MSG? Do you use Accent on your food?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• No. I do know that it is in quite a bit of Chinese restaurant food. We do eat that occasionally. I do not buy seasonings, sauces, etc that have MSG and I read the ingredients on everything I buy.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• never

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• No. It gives me digestive problems and it's only a "flavor enhancer". I would rather use spices to enhance my food's flavor.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Not normally. My neighbor gave me a box of Saizon once and I added it to a stew that was too bland tasting. It did bring out the flavors, but since then I have learned to use herbs and spices to get the flavors to come out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It is something that should be banned IMO because it is a nuero toxin that stimulates the brain into thinking your still hungry and that is why you can't eat just a couple of doritoes and why people just love their fast food and why people over eat they think they are still hungry..because the of MSG and it has also been shown to cause damage to the unborn fetus...could be why there is such a huge rise in developmental delays in children.
    Most processed food has MSG and Ramen noodles are the worst for it!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:54 AM on Jun. 22, 2010