How will Chronic Cyclical Vomitimg effect my life?

After a long 6 months of barfing I was diagnosed with Chronic Cyclical Vomiting. I am taking Tofranil and was told it may take up to 6 weeks to work, and that I might have a few more episodes before it's under control.

Does anyone have a success story or something more helpful than what I can google on my own? I am mostly just looking for confirmation that this will not go on forever.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 2:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Health

• I've been following a blog kept by the mom of a little boy who lives about an hour from me. He has more problems than the cyclic vomiting, but he's in and out of the hospital all the time because of it. He often goes into crisis because of UTIs though. You'll live with this for the rest of your life. You need to work with your doctors (rather, they need to work with you) to find out what sets you off so you can avoid triggers.
    Anonymous