Fibromyalgia?

How did you know/think you had it? What symptoms did you have in the begining?

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Health

• I was very, very tired to the point where I did not even want to drive home from work. I felt like I had the flu constantly, my extreme sore points were my shoulders and my rear and elbows. I was finally diagnosed 15 years ago, since having my two girls I am in remission, when it gets cold and damp or just down right cold I start having problems again. I stopped taking meds because the side effects of the meds were not worth it, I finally started doing 1 1/2 massages (deep tissue) two to three times a month, of course some people with FMS cannot handle the deep tissue but it works for me. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message :)

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I wasn't diagnosed until I was 15. But we started testing for other things when I was about 6. I was always tired & always in pain. The doctor who initially diagnosed me stated that he didn't even believe in Fibromyalgia but he wanted to see me get the help I needed. But the specialist I went to agreed that that's what I have. There are lots of symptoms and it can easily be misdiagnosed, which tends to happen at least a few times!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2010