Should I spend the extra money on these diapers that are made for going in the water??

Is there a real difference or are regular ones fine for a pool??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Regular ones just swell up and make them heavy... swim diaper do not.
    However- they do make special suits that are swim proof that do not need the diapers. ;-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yes, most public pools require them along with a plastic diaper cover anyways.
    Anonymous

• I did. They're coated in plastic. A lot of public pools require them, and really, I think it's selfish not to put one on your child if they're in a public pool. What if they were to poop? That could make people really sick. Now, if we'go swimming in his little baby pool at home, I usually don't put one on him. They're only about $8 a pack, for 12, and unless you go swimming every day, that should be enough to last for at least half of the summer. If you look on the Huggies website, I think I recently saw printable coupons for the Little Swimmers.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I was under the assumption that public pools make you.
    deelite12

Answer by deelite12 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I tried to just take my son to the pool in a regular diaper & swim trunks thinking whats the difference....theres a BIG difference! HIs diaper was falling off in chunks when he got out of the pool! All way outta there we had diaper chunks falling from his shorts! embarassing! The swim diapers dont do that =)
    Anonymous

• If it's a pool, most require it. They don't swell up and add several pounds to a kid when wet like diapers do. We put my girl in a backyard pool as a baby with only her diaper on and stuck her on the scale after we got out to see if she was really all that heavier or if it just felt like it. She weighed 9 pounds more. Kinda crazy.
    The swim things don't let anything out like a diaper does either.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• most pools require a "swim approved" diaper. Regular ones have a tendency to explode. I bought one pack and it's lasting 2 summers. As long as your child doesn't poop in it, you can pretty much just leave it out in the sun to dry and reuse it until your kid poops in it or it gets too worn out. But, don't put your kid in the pool with regular diaper. It's a bad idea.
    Anonymous

• Yes. The regular ones get huge! So big the child can't even walk. And the gel inside comes out. I brought them and put them on right before going in the water. They tend to leak on dry land.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I like the little swimmer diapers because the regular diapers do get gigantic,lol. And they look like they would be so uncomfortable that wet. And sometimes the insides of the regular diapers comes out when they are that wet, its gross. The little swimmers stay a normal size, offer protection and nothing falls out of them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I tried to just take my son to the pool in a regular diaper & swim trunks thinking whats the difference....theres a BIG difference! HIs diaper was falling off in chunks when he got out of the pool! All way outta there we had diaper chunks falling from his shorts! embarassing! The swim diapers dont do that =)"

LOL! I'm sorry, but this is a funny image! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2010