Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son has not been issued a social security card yet. it takes about 6 weeks after birth for you to receive it. is it too early for me to apply for child support? his dad has not done anything while i was pregnant, hasnt made an effort yet to do anything, and probably never will. he hasnt even told his grandmother about his son the lady that raised him.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • you can put the application in before the baby is born, then let them know when it comes. well, that's the way it is in my state.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

  • No go ahead and apply because it usually takes 3 months to go to court.


    Answer by mamaofficer at 3:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.