Why keep having kids you can't handle???

I was reading some blogs and I noticed women depressed and complaining about their kids and husbands. I mean saying downright hateful things about their 3-7-10 year old. I look at their profile and they have 3 and 4 kids and pregnant with another. I was wondering if these women ever think about if they can handle so many kids before they get pregnant. Also if their husbands are useless and won't life a finger to help what have more? I have depression, and I'm on medication and I see a therapist. I want more kids, but I want my kids to have a good quality of life. Not suffer because I'm battling with depression and can't handle 2 and 3 children at this time in my life. Why not stop having kids you can't handle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i dont get it either. quality over quantity. i know a girl who had 4 kids. she gave 3 up for adoption because she just couldnt handle them. atleast they got another shot at a better life. she then got her tubes tied, thank goodness.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean. My step sister is the poster child for this question. She is 23 years old and has 5 children that she recently willingly handed over to CPS. She had problems taking care of them from day one of the first one. Who she had at 14. And it has been down hill since then. Her husband is a low life who is always in and out of jail for stealing and getting DUI's for driving drunk and stuff like that. I am glad she gave them up considering they were never taken care of properly.But seems to me she should have realized that after the first one. So from now on someone else will be raising her kids.right now they are split up between 3 different foster homes. And no one ever goes to see them on their visiting day except me and my dad and he is their step grandfather and I am their step aunt. It is a really sad situation.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Because they love the attention of being pregnant and having a newborn,but once the newness wears off,they start to get all pissy about the child.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think it is lack of standards,education, getting drunk having unprotected sex, oh that falls under lack of standards, opps
    I have a niece that has 4 kids and they happen from drunken sex and then she dumps her kids off with her dad. while she runs around with the child support...Her dad is on disabiliy and she won't give him anything to help out! I think it is a shame to have kids in an irresponsable manner and then to collect child support from all the dads, party it up with the cash meant for the kids. I do not know

on the flip side though

some women have kids, want them and then fall into a depression and the man turns out to be a piece of crap. Then theres women who think another baby will fix a relationship. I have a friend who loves babies but hates kids. she had 4 kids because she wanted babies, then treated them crappy while they were in grade school
    Anonymous

• Sometimes when I read these posts I can just get the feeling of a good vent. Sometimes the moms get so overwhelmed with whatever challlege they are up against at the moment that they need to vent here. Thats my take on it anyway. I know I have come in here just needing to get something out, and looking for points of views from other moms who have gone through what Im going through...The faster I type,,,the bigger the vent...LOL
    Anonymous

• butterflyblue has a very good point. i think that really is a lot of it. once they get older and they dont get the attention they did as a newborn the mom gets pregnant again.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It is so much fun to drive your self crazy? Thats why I would do it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I just have one child so I have on idea.
    Anonymous

• no*
    Anonymous

• I just have one child...no idea. I am a firm believer in quality of time over quantity of children.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2010