How can I teach my daughter the right way to drink from a cup? When she tried drinking from a reg. cup her she sticks her tongue out to get a drink (almost like a cat would).

When my daughter drinks from her straw her tongue is poking out of her mouth. I've been trying to teach her the right way to drink but she's not catching on. I give her a small amount of juice in her "big girl" cup and the first thing she does is stick her tongue in the juice. How can I correct this habit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• just keep giving i tto her... practive makes perfect
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Wow i screwed that one up...
    "Just keep giving it to her...Practice makes perfect"
    MomNbabyGirl009

• I agree... keep practicing. It is part of a nursing/sucking reflux. It'll go away.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• btw,,,,,,,,,,,,she's 3. does that matter?
    Anonymous

• I'd just keep trying. I remember my son having a similar problem when he first started using a cup but admittedly, he was younger. You can also try reminding her where to put her tougue when she drinks. When all else fails, call your dr's office and ask for their advice.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2010