Why is my daughter not going in the potty?

My daughter has been completely potty trained for months and all of the sudden the past few weeks she is peeing and pooping all over the house! I have no idea what to do help please!!!!!

NicoleLatvala

Asked by NicoleLatvala at 3:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• OMG. My (now aged 9 years old) daughter drove me bananas with this. She would hold it forever and sit on the potty after I made her and never do anything in it all day. We went through asking, telling, begging, threatening, bribing stages over several years (sorry to tell you it went on that long). Now that this many years has passed, my daughter will still hold it as long as she can and make a mad dash down the hall because she's about to lose control. I think that she has a very willful personality and she wants to control her own body instead of it controlling her. I also recommend that you make sure there is a drink in your kid's hand all day long so that going in the potty will be inevitable and she won't be able to hold it all day long until 5 p.m., driving you crazy in the process. Lots of picture books that your child has never seen before may help-don't let her look at them unless she's sitting on the potty.
    CavalierLvr

Answer by CavalierLvr at 4:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2010