how depressing?

im going to school for my pharm tech license and i did a job search just for the hell of it and it seems there are no jobs in my area. i still have a few months of school left...

anyone else have this kinda problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What you have no pharmacies in your area? Come on. Are you living in the boonies? You must be near city of some sort. Walmart, C.V.S. any thing. Get a job there now in the pharmacy department. Or apply at a local hospital. Please tell me you can find a job with your education in this field I am sending you good vibes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yea, my SO is too. He went for something in computers... there are no jobs anywhere right now...
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I went to school for Phlebotomy but, there are no jobs for entry level. I wasn't going to work though, I just didn't want people saying I was a SAHM because I was uneducated.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i just changed my major... i was going for early childhood/elem ed... and the district i am in has a 3 year hiring freeze... started this year. they also fired 37 teachers just in this district (theres 4 schools?)and are building a brand new school... which they will then move the teachers still working around... no new jobs. the people graduating from now until the freeze is over will be put on a waiting list... so, 3 yhears of no hiring, followed by 3 years of no job for me.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 4:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• op here

yeah i do live pretty much in the middle of no where, i did a job search on the state work force site for towns in my area then also in the area of where i wouldnt mind moving to. NONE were listed. and i do realize that some place dont list there jobs through the job service/workforce dev..... but still a lil depressing, when i decided to go into pharmacy there were lots of jobs available so i figured it was a good thing to go into.
    Anonymous

• wow really? my husband is going for pharmacy tech and there are a TON of jobs for pharmacy techs around here! Not only pharmacys but hospitals, compounding labs, etc. all have positions. It's partly why he chose that path. we do live in a major city though so maybe that has something to do with it.
    Anonymous

I think it's sad you did that just because of what other people think. If you went to school for yourself then great but why spend all that money and time just to prove OTHER PEOPLE wrong?
    Anonymous

• I was thinking of going into nursing. Are there still jobs in that area?
    Anonymous

• jobs are always in nursing!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2010