How can i keep my 2 m old up during down and asleep at night?

My baby is 2 m old all he has done is sleep all the time now he starting to want to be up more often at night is it normal for him at 2m to sleep all the time?

kadenmommy

Asked by kadenmommy at 4:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, this is totally normal and a lot of babys switch their nights and days. make sure at night you dont turn on lights or tv or anything that will stimulate them and during the day try to keep noises in the background. DO not try to force an infant awake. Their bodies know they need sleep. When my daughter was around 2 mths and she was sleepy during the day, I would try to entertain her for en extra 5-10 min then put her to sleep. eventually we would sleep more at night then during the day...although we are at 6 mths and we still get up at least once a night around 1 or 2 when we go to bed at 9 and are up for the day at 6. The US is one of the only countries that feels like babies should sleep through the night so early on. Your LO will adjust soon enough. Month 3 is usually when sleeping habits get better.
    danmck1120

Answer by danmck1120 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• As the PP said don't force it.

Lights and activity during the day with normal noises. At night muted lights and keep it dull. They do get the idea. This doesn't mean there won't be nightwaking. nightwaking is normal. all babies night wake at some point. sleeping hours on end is rare and and not biologically a good idea. babies need to eat often round the clock. I promise that you will adapt.

We breastfeed and cosleep so I get more than most. But have also had an adjustment period the first 3 months.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2010