Braxton hicks contractions question (how much is too much?

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and have been having BH contractions for the past hr. I though it was b/c I also have 2 toddlers and maybe I was doing too much so I sat down. Still had them. I'm drinking water now so maybe they will let up. But I was wondering how do I know if I'm having too many and to go to the doctor or hospital? They aren't painful just annoying and they happen mostly when she kicks like crazy lol.

DaGoodLife

Asked by DaGoodLife at 4:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take 2 tylenol and relax for an hour and if they don't let up call your dr
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Lay on ur left side after you drink the water for an hour,also put a heating pad on ur back and if that dont help go in
    Anonymous

• If they aren't hurting, it's not time to go to the hospital. I had them the other night 5-10 minutes apart for 2 hours, but they weren't hurting and I was able to finally go to sleep - I knew if I could sleep through them, it wasn't real labor!
    Anonymous

• i found that laying down made it easier for my uterus to relax. drinking water is good too mama! i know what it is like to be pregnant with a few kids to take care of. try to take it easy, 31 weeks is still early! good luck to you and your family :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• have your dh stop at a health food store and get you a calcium magnesium supplement for the cramping. it might help, and it won't hurt : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Thank you mamas! They are already slowing down. Thanks for all your suggestions!
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 5:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I have them to stay hydrated and lie on left side is what I do.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I had the same problem the other day, I am 32 weeks. My midwife suggested a bath or massage. My SO gave me a massage and they stopped.
    Anonymous