Do you prefer liquid or powder detergant?

Which do you think cleans your clothes better or is just plan better in whatever way?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Liquid. My mil uses powder, and every time I have to wash our clothes down there the load winds up with gritty bits of powder stuck in some of the clothes. Yuck.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Powdered. I'm not sure how easily the liquid dissolves, but the powder works fine.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 4:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I use liquid because around here it is cheaper and seems to clean just fine and is good for cold water. the powder type does no dissolve well in cold
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I use powder detergent, the liquid stuff always spills and causes a HUGE mess. To keep form getting gritty powder left over, put the detergent in first then turn on the washer and wait until it is at least half full before adding clothes. That works for warm and hot loads, for cold loads, and add the soap, run about an inch of hot water in the bottom of the washer, wait 5 minutes and fill with cold and add clothes.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• * does not*
    togo90210

• luquid it is just easier and I agree with teh powder thing too.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I like liquid, the powder doesn't dissolve well enough when I use cold water. I get the big dispenser of Tide; it's easy to handle and doesn't make a mess.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I've used liquid for as long as I can remember....hubby's pretty picky about what detergent I use. It has to be Tide!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Liquid. Every time I buy powder my clothes end up smelling like the bottom of a gerbil cage and I don't have gerbils! It's just the smell of Tide powder I guess. yuk

Answer by admckenzie at 6:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I use both.  I think powder cleans better but it leaves a residue so I use liquid for darks and powder for whites.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:31 AM on Jun. 22, 2010