My youngest son jjust got diagnosed with a VASCULAR RING...

My youngest son jjust got diagnosed with a VASCULAR RING... a rare heart defect thats causing problems with his breathing and his eating.... its constricting his esophigas and airways... hes going to need surgery next month for it. does anyone know anyone whos experienced this with their kids? im nervous about the opperation.... going to be in the hospital for 7 days for it they sayd. any advise is helpful... plz pray for us too!! :)

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 4:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Health

• im sorry idk but. Dear Lord, please be with this family and help them though this diffucult time. I ask that you guide the doctors and nurse's in his care. Lord give this famly support and guideance. Amen
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My son doesn't have this heart condition, but he does have a congenital heart defect and could need a surgery to correct it by the age of 5 yrs. No advice specifically, just wanted to offer some support. I know it is SOOOO scary. Prayers for your son.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 6:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Hi, I have not experienced this with my kids, but I have experienced it with myself. I was diagnosed with a Right sided aortic arch and a Vascular Ring when I was 3 years old. I had surgery then and another when I was 23 (doesn't always happen). I would be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding my experience with this diagnosis. I came through just fine both times. I wish you and your family the best.
    njmom123

Answer by njmom123 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010