After a hysterectomy..

How long until you are recovered and can travel? Wondering if MIL will be able to fly after 5 wks of recovery. She had laproscopic surgery and removed her uterus which was about the size of a 6 month pregnancy. I know she is in alot of pain and sore now..just looking for anyone with this experience. What is the likelyhood of her being able to fly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She should be fine to fly. I think my recovery was a little over 3 weeks when I began to feel like myself again.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 4:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I also had that done. Mine was a little more intrusive because I also had tumors, but my recovery time was about 3 weeks. By 5 weeks, i was pretty much back to normal. ( if I was ever "normal"!!!)
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 4:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• My recovery time was 6 weeks but it all really depends on her since everyone recovers at their own speed.  Her age will also be a factor. 

She should be all right to fly (she should get an all clear from her doctor first) but she may not be able to handle her luggage.  I was not allowed to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs for the first 6 weeks.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• thanks! I am watching her grandaughter and hoping she will be able to pick her up at 5 weeks. Basically the grandma has flight benefits and has to fly here to pick up the 9 yr old and fly home with her. Just hopin she will really be up to it at that time. Only time will tell of course just trying to be understanding and get an idea of when she will be able to pick her up. kinda a sticky situation...
    Anonymous