Can I stream TV shows from my laptop onto my flatscreen TV

I live in the middle of nowhere, I can get free tv off the internet so I would like to stream the shows onto the flatscreen, but have no idea how to do it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• yes you can . check out this video i made on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAt0BWLdWQc
    or type in how to connect your laptop and hd tv with s videa cable
    alinsNlakeysha

Answer by alinsNlakeysha at 9:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• probably won't find much help here, it depends on what ports your laptop and tv have, we do it through hdmi cables but we go through a receiver and not the tv itself. google your model numbers
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Yes, absolutely. I agree with staciandbaby, you have to have the right port and what not. USUALLY you hook up your laptop to a "monitor" - it has a little port for a monitor, but the monitor cord has the three prong things on the other end that hook into your TV. Look on best buy.
    Anonymous

• we watch movies onto the tv and we have a speaker system we plug into the headphone jack and the screen we hook up with an hdmi.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 7:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We use HDMI hookup and cable.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• We live overseas and other than Armed Forces Network we don't get any American tv. So, what we do is we have a virtual network set up through hotspot shield (because even though we're US, and we live on a US base, this is the only way we can stream netflix and stuff). Then, we plug in our computer to the TV using an HDMI hookup. We used to do it through our laptops, but now we just bought a cheap little desktop that's about the size of a book that we use only for the tv. We have it set up with a wireless keyboard and mouse, and it's left always hooked up to the TV using the HDMI cable. We paid about $200 for it and we only turn it on when we want to watch a movie or stream tv from the net.

good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2010