Did you child ever have a baby tooth that is loose but won't fall out? What can I do to help her tooth come out? Her other tooth has already started to come up behind the loose baby tooth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son had it with both bottom front teeth. The dentist told us to leave the baby teeth alone they will come out on their own. They are there to save space for the new teeth until they are all the way in.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I have 2 older children age 9 and 16 so I say 'go to the pediatric dentist now' It may seem early for a check up but the pediatric dentist will tell you age 2 to 3 is normal now for a first check up. It will be worth saving your kid's smile and maybe you won't have to pay for braces if this new tooth has room to come in straight...
    CavalierLvr

Answer by CavalierLvr at 4:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I pull them out for my son when they're just hanging there. He swallowed the last one while sleeping and it makes me nervous to have it happen again. Leave it alone until its super loose. usually kids will work it out by pushing their tongue on it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I had a bunch like that. I had to have them pulled because they never did come out on their own and I had all the permanent teeth in behind them. I also had to have oral surgery because one of my teeth was stuck in the roof of my mouth. I also had braces for three and half years.
    Anonymous

• My mom always took my to the dentist because mine were never loose and the other would start gowing in and they needed to ne removed. keep wiggling and maybe make a dentist appt. I know it takes along time to get in.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:51 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• i had several secondary teeth that came in before the primaries fell out. we never did anything other than letting the baby teeth fall out when they were ready. i have very straight teeth today, i have never had braces or a retainer.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• It totally depends on the individual mouth. Some will be fine with just leaving the baby teeth until they fall out and others will have to have them pulled. The best thing to do would be to see a dentist and they will be able to determine if they will need to be pulled.
    Anonymous

• {OP}: I took my kids to the dentist last May and he noticed her 6 year molars were starting to come in and that the tooth was a little loose, her next appointment isn't until September
    Anonymous

• Just let it go. If it bothers them they will pull it or wiggle it lose til it pops out.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2010