What's the best breakfast recipe you've got?

Growing up my family didn't eat "breakfast" food very often (besides cold cereal). I've never been into bacon because too many people overcook it and it's way too crispy for me. And I do not like pancakes unless they are buttermilk (yum!).

Point being, I don't really know how to make "breakfast food". So what's your best recipe? I wanna try some things!!

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 4:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My family LOVES quiche and breakfast burritos.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/basic-quiche-by-shelly/Detail.aspx

That is a basic quiche recipe, I use 6-8 eggs though and use whatever cheese I have. We also add cooked crumbled sausage and sauteed onions. Sometimes we add spinich too.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I love baked french toast, regular french toast, eggs just about any style... I made an egg, potato and sausage casserole for Christmas morning one year that DH loved....

Sadly, because of my diet I usually just eat a toasted sandwich thin with weight watchers cream cheese sprinkled with dried cranberries....but I love all the good gooey breakfast foods, wish they were lo-cal =)

Let me know if any of those interest you and I'll get you the recipes.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• here's an easy favorite over here

do you have a trader joes?

they sell soy chorizo, put that in a pan with some eggs and make burritos

alll the flavor of chorizo without the pig parts
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Stacie, is it less greasy? I love chorizo but it is so greasy we can't eat it. I assume it is, but thought I would ask.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think the best thing i make for my kids besides my pancakes are my french toast...I am used to cooking for a large family but my french toast include the 2 eggs, egg whites, milk, cinammon, nutmeg, vanilla and a little sugar, my kids love them and they are super easy to make. I usually do make bacon and hash browns on the side.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• 1 pound sliced bacon, diced ~~~~ sausage
    1 medium sweet onion, chopped
    6 eggs, lightly beaten
    4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
    2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
    1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
    Directions
    In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
    Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Here are three: Overnight French Toast
    2 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced
    3 Tbsp butter or margarine
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 cup dry sweetener of your choice
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup plant or animal milk (I use vanilla soy)
    1/2 cup yogurt (I use vanilla)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    4-6 thick slices of day old bread
    In a saucepan, cook the apples in the butter/margarine until they start to soften. Add the cinnamon, dry sweetener, syrup and cook until the apples are nice and soft. Pour into the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients except bread. Dip the bread into the milk/yogurt mix and layer on top of the apple mix. Pour the remaining milk mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate.
    In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 F. Uncover the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• OATMEAL BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
    2 cups milk (plant or animal)
    3 eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
    1/4 cup olive oil (I think that olive oil is too heavy; I use plain yogurt or canned pumpkin or cottage cheese)
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    Preheat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. In a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
    In a small bowl, mix oats and milk. Whisk in eggs and olive oil. Pour into the flour mixture all at once. Continue mixing until smooth. Gently fold in blueberries.
    Pour batter about 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly. Flip, and continue cooking until lightl

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• Breakfast Quinoa
    NOTE: Quinoa must be rinsed extremely well or it will be bitter
    Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 1 cup of water and one cup of apple juice. Chill. Dice 2 small or 1 large apple small dice and add, add raisins and/or dried cranberries and walnuts or pecans- I just add them until it looks like enough, maybe 1/2 cup of each? Stir in vanilla yogurt to coat and make it bind together about 1- 1 1/2 cups. Serve cold

• These are the BEST waffles I've ever had. The name says it all;)

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/The-Best-Ever-Waffles-31750
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 8:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010