Is there anyone who feels they are always taking care of others and putting off what you need to do because of it?

I am always put in a position were I am the one who does all of the doing. I never get thank yous, but no one has a problem complaining.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• every single day.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I do!!! but I do get a lot of thank you's, I try to get me in somewhere along the lines of doing for others, I am the last one on the list but I eventually do what needs to be done.

Answer by older at 4:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I think it's called being a mom lol
    Anonymous

• Is what you're doing being done by you so that YOU are comfortable and no one else really cares? I'm referring to clean dishes which only bother me and no one else in the house. I bought a sponge on a handle that holds soap and told everyone to wash their own plate and glass and put all the plates and glasses away (everyone now has their own plate, bowl and glass and coffee cup and that's it- kept on their own assigned kitchen shelf).

so if you're picking up the floor and no one really cares but you, then you're doing it for you. And everyone you live with should be doing what they're doing around the house for them-laundry, dishes. the perspective that you're doing it all for you is a big attitude helper. I hung a very heavy framed picture this morning alone and telling myself that I would do it if I were single and not have a problem with it, made me lose any resentment I had toward my husband for not helping me.
    CavalierLvr

Answer by CavalierLvr at 5:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• .......welcome to motherhood
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I am always putting myself last. I currently need a haircut desperately and then other people in my house need other things that are more important, like big girl panties. So I will eventually get around to what I need.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• if i get a shower in without a child screaming for me
    that is a good day=doing something for myself
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• I feel like everyone's walking shoes and very puppet like sometimes...usually too exhausted from dealing with clients' crap at work or being brain drained on the phone listening to a friend or family members' sob story that I sometimes don't even get to shower or do the laundry I want to do :( I have decided I don't want to be as nice and helpful and I want to do the bare minimum like other people....I'm working on it.....
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 6:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• well, why are you living your life to please everyone but yourself? cut it out.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• way to go figaro8895 / i agree with u
    Anonymous