Does your wanting to have a second (or subsequent) child(ren) effect the child(ren) you already have?

We really want to have a second child, and so far to no avail. But the longer it takes, the more I feel like we are taking AWAY from our two year old DD. Just as an example, if I’m ovulating she spends more time at grandpa and grandma’s house, so we can “be alone” and every time I get a negative test, I feel really down for a few days, etc. Then I feel bad because I am so focused on having another baby I feel like I’m not appreciating the one I already have. Anyone else feel or have felt this way? I’m not sure how to just “suck it up” or stop feeling like this, so its just hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• not stressing so much will probably help you concieve. i would just let it happen. unless you have fertility issues a few months of not preventing it should do the trick. i'v never had to send my child to grandma's to get pregnant.

Anonymous

• OP Here: LOL DD goes to my parents house (which is ten minutes away) so we can "do it" (so to speak) while I'm ovulating. We don't like to do it with her around, and sometimes working opposite shifts makes it easier if we send her to my parents house for a few hours while we're alone. LOL
    Anonymous