What can I do with my 3 month old?

I'm running out of ideas of things to do on a daily basis with my 3 month old son. He's not a fan of his activity mat and he lasts in his bouncer and swing for about 5 minutes each, so I spend the rest of our day singing, dancing and talking with him. Any other ideas?

jacksmom1225

Asked by jacksmom1225 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't try so hard. Babies are interested in the mundane things you do. You might think dusting is dull, but if you wear your baby they love the activity and motion. Invest in a good sling or wrap. It's a win win! Your life is plenty exciting for a baby.

My baby loves to be back carried, and I've done that since around 4 months, before that I front carried simply because I was just learning how to baby wear and it was easier to manage and easier to switch to beast feeding.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• take him outside in the swing or bouncer, he'll probably last longer out there
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• baby enstein dvds works wonders for me!
    Anonymous

• Get out of the house! Go to a park, a museum, a walk around the block. Talk to your child about what you see, hear, smell, etc. Enjoy the world though a child's eyes!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• my sling and front carrier are lifesavers for the days when my dd won't be happy without me holding her. I use them to keep my hands free and she stays happy while I get done what needs done. as your baby gets older he will be more secure without being held.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2010