Self worth-(kinda a vent)

When did what women achieved to be change from being intelligent,articulate,and selfless,to being sexpots who are ignorant and selfish? I see this trend of young women who are perfectly happy to focus only on looking and acting as sexy as they can,and forgetting that an education,and in turn a future,is more important. I'm so sick of this trend of entitlement and inflated self worth. Apparently if you look like a porn star,you don't need an education or a job! They seem to think they can somehow float by on looks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is NOT new at all! Helen G Brown was married to a man in the magazine business back in the 60's and she got him to give her Cosmopolitan magazine. Read her autobiography sometimes. She lectures women not to be stupid and think they will get by on their looks. You have to develop something about yourself, even if you do end up marrying well. But then again, hello, this is the nation which worships Sarah Palin of the no brain, short skirt, high heels, wigs and plastic surgery. Maybe the day of the intelligent women being worthwhile is over. We began with Paris Hilton. Maybe we are looking at the end of civilization. The last days.
    Anonymous

• as bad it sounds... most can and will float by just by their looks. i hate it too cuz i dont and wont and will not teach my girls to act this way. i cant tolerate it and have no bearing for poeple like that. i feel you there. but i do find it hard to have people take me seriously. im 23 look 15 and am blonde so they automatically judge me on apperance rather then talking to me. im also pregnant and i had someone look at me dead in the eyes and ask me what my mother said about me being pregnant. im just like ummm. im an adult and dont need my mothers okay to have a baby. he told me he thought i was 14. so sometimes you cant always judge a book by its cover.
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2010

• OP- Oh I speak from experience. I have a few family members that are like this. Not so ironically,one became a "call girl' and is now in trouble with the FBI for selling drugs
    Anonymous

• It went with the way of teaching morals and values. You were taught morals and values whether you realize it or not. The women you speak of have not had that education.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2010